If you look at an essay, it has three parts, Introduction, body, conclusion. Almost the exact same way an html page generally has a head and a body.
- The <html> and </html> tags indicate the beginning and ending of a html page.
- The above two tags must ALWAYS be there!
- The <head> and </head> tags usually indicate the head of a webpage.
- <title> and </title> come inside the <head> tag.
- Anything you type in between these two tags appears on the webpage tab.
- The pair of <body>tags indicate the beginning of the body.
- Anything typed in between this will appear on the webpage screen.
These tags are there in most programmes. Of course, everything has exceptions. As you can also see, I haven’t done a very good job explaining. But over a period of time, you’ll understand. If you have any questions, you can contact me at email@example.com